Wednesday, December 23, 2009

for you

Yes, this is for you. How could it not be? You take up the whole world for a second, and you block out the sun. But in a good way. And the way you walk down the street, with that confidence in each subtle movement? It is just grace, and a reason to wake up tomorrow.
I don’t really know how else to say it… so I should really just stop, but I want to tell you that you are noticed. You are not only the reason I walk an extra block past my car, but you stay with me all day. And while it is likely I will never talk to you, that you will never know my name, I will never forget you. You completely matter, even if I make you up.
This is for you. I am not lonely, and I am not quite crazy. I just can’t seem to shake you. You are behind my eyelids as I try to sleep, and you won’t even say hello in my dreams. But I can see you smile, and that is enough.
I don’t know who you are, and maybe that is better. Maybe it would be too much, or maybe the illusion would shatter. But still, I am so grateful for that brief glance; that trace of a smile. You give me just enough to think you like that I notice you. This is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment